sharing life through, crafting, fashion, craziness, and fun

sharing life through, crafting, fashion, craziness, and fun

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Learning more...


I figure I need to do more than just pour over adoption blogs and see all the warm hearted stories and cute smiling sweet faces. I need to really get the facts! Not that it will change my mind on adopting...I just want to prepare myself for it all. It's so easy to get wrapped up in the emotions of it all...kind of like when I was pregnant with my first and I had all these great visions of holding that sweet little quiet angelic infant in my arms as I rocked her to sleep. Not that I didn't adore her, but it all looked a little more messy in real life than I had pictured! And just how I know that my sweet little baby cried and pooped and spit up on me and how I was tired and sore and cranky I know that there will probably be some bumps in the road for the new little person we bring home. So with all that said I think the first book I'll pick up is "There is no me without you", by Melissa Fay Greene. One step at a time.

1 comment:

Becky_K said...

Yes! You must, must read this book. I am reading it for the second time right now and I am forcing Mark to purchase it on itunes and listen to it. I was going to email you today and recommend it...then I found your blog. By the way, I had no idea you had a blog. How fun!